Today, I’m sharing with you, the most easy, amazing recipe for making a great vegan mayonnaise! The first time I made this, I was just blown away by it. I did not expect at all that it would be possible to make plantbased mayonnaise that would taste almost exactly the same as “real” mayonnaise, texture and all. I’ve just got one message for you: get in the kitchen and be blown away yourself! And a nice extra thing to know: no need to feel guilty about a mayonnaise overload at all anymore, because this is way more healthy than the usual one. It just keeps on getting better, doesn’t it 😉 Simply be amazed and enjoy!
A little more background: never heard of aquafaba before? Ohh welcome to a beautiful new world! Aquafaba simply is a fancy name for the chickpea liquid (or liquid from other beans,…). It’s almost like a magical liquid you can literally use for anything you once needed foamed eggwhite for. You can even use it for mousse, macarons, anything you can imagine! So far I have only used it for making this mayonnaise, but I’m certainly planning to experience a lot more with it. I’m so curious about it already!
- What do you need? (Small pot, half of what I made in the picture)
– 3 tablespoons of aquafaba
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– Half a teaspoon of mustard
– 3/4 cup of oil (I used sunflower, which works very good)
- How do you make it?
– Put all the ingredients, except for the oil, in a bowl or a measuring cup (just something appropriate for mixing). You can either choose to make the mayonnaise “by hand” or you can use a hand mixer which works more efficiently.
– Mix the ingredient for 30 seconds, then slowly start adding the oil bit by bit while continuing the mixing process. If you work by hand, you’ll need about 8 minutes to get a good mayonnaise. When using a hand mixer, you’ll see it will start to look more and more like mayonnaise very quickly. It’s ready when all the oil had been taken up and your mayonnaise has gained a good texture. Put it in the fridge for a while and it’s perfect to eat with, let’s say, everything you want 😉 I hope you’re just as amazed as I was!